Friday, August 10, 2012

Letter, Words and all the fun stuff!

I am so excited! I start school at the end of this month to finish my degree in graphic arts that I started working on twenty years ago! Being a teen mom is not an easy thing to do and there are many sacrifices that have to be made. This was one of mine. Oh I've tried to go back off and on over the years, starting, stopping and changing my major half a dozen times. This is it though, it's all or nothing this time! Since I've already completed most of my prerequisite I picked two fun classes this semester, into to graphic arts and typography. I am so psyched to be learning type. I had no idea so much went into it. I have heard the term but didn't really put it together until I signed up. I can't wait to start designing fonts and play with them. I have found many iPhone apps on kerning typography and designing my own and I am currently in the process of testing them out to see which ones I like best. I've found two so far, one is aptly called "Kern". Now that I have figured out what it means I am having so much fun placing letters. I know I am only just beginning, but the end of this month can't get here fast enough! I will keep you posted!

No comments: