Sunday, August 05, 2012

Empty Nest

Wednesday is the first day I will be alone all day. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I have many thoughts and ideas going through my head now. For the first time in my life I have mainly myself to think about. What in the world am I going to do? Do I follow through with plans I made in high school? Back when I was young and dreamt of a life different from where I have ended up? Do I go back to school and get the degree that I was working toward? Am I too old to start my life over? Am I good enough at what I want to do? Am I insane for wanting to leap with abandon instead of getting just a toe wet? I may be out of my mind but have already started the process. I've enrolled at our community college and have contacted a couple of agencies looking for entry level positions to hopefully get in the door of one. I'd really like to work on my own but will need a much larger network of people in order to do that.

No comments: