Monday, August 06, 2012

Bittersweet

Tomorrow our summer is coming to a close. We are taking the kids back to their mother in Indiana. It will be a trip full of laughter and tears. I will miss having an ally in the house who is also someone I had alot of fun with. Never having a daughter myself I feel blessed to be able to have special times with her. Both father and son will be blubbering all the way there and for at least an hour after we leave. I never had that kind of relationship with my dad, and my sons didn't with theirs so I feel awkward, like a fish out of water with it all. I justtryto do what I can to free up his time by keeping the chores and their laundry done so he can focus on them. I also try to think of things that they can do for a reasonable price but also memorable. For instance, last night we could have gone to dbo's or buffalo's like always, however after a little searching and research we were able to take them to kooky Canucks where Man vs. Food Adam Richmond ate. Since it was a Sunday night there was no wait and I was able to get a table by the front window where the people walked by. So, instead of us going to one of our normal hangouts they've been to a dozen or more times this summer, I found us a nicer place that was reasonably priced, the food was excellent, and it was something they will remember a lifetime! We are dropping them off and heading straight for our mini-vacation! I can't wait, a luxurious hotel with cable tv and blackout curtains. I may never leave!

No comments: